September 17, 2011

Sparrows

There is just something about fall that makes all things reminiscent. I both love and hate the memories the cooler days conjure up. Sometimes I wish I could organize those memories into tidy little packages and store them up for when I want to revisit them, or for when I’m ready to face them. Autumn always makes me feel so wishful, perhaps even more so this year.

College life has returned full-swing and with all it's normal frustrations, things to learn, and experiences. I've been struggling for the past few weeks to summon up something to share here for I truly loathe to write about just every day happenings. The day-in and day-out comings and goings of my life sometimes feel so insignificant and there seems no sense in sharing such boring things. I came to the realization that despite my apathy towards the "normal", God cares about those "small" or "insignificant" things more than we can ever realize.

Those whispered words of thanks to the Heavenly Father, the songs that we hum while carrying out our tasks, the thoughts we think towards those who surround us...all of those matter greatly to Him! I do so adore the passage: "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows."

If my God cares about the insignificant little birds, how much more does He think on the quiet meditations of His childrens' hearts? With that in mind, "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."







No comments:

Post a Comment