August 29, 2011

Wonderful Words

"Remember the Word unto Thy servant, upon which Thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy Word hath quickened me." - Ps.119:49,50

May I like David continuously cling to the Word as my source of hope, comfort, and rejuvenation! Sometimes during the course of the day, as things begin to pile up and threaten to overwhelm, the urge to hide out and smuggle my Bible and a notebook away into some corner consistently eats away at me. It is something unexplainable, it is a sort of craving that I hope never to lose again. Rather than surround with other advices, may I always retreat to the silken pages of the Scriptures and soak in those God-breathed Words. Often it is necessary to be “quickened” or made alive again, like the recharging of a battery, by truths my Lord has treasured up for me.

The goal is to leave the worries and frustrations of the day and their chaotic mess at the door of the closet of prayer. The pouring out of an overwhelmed heart and in turn, the refilling of it with the Words of an ever-compassionate Savior, neatly ties those troubles I left behind into a tidy bundle. The stresses of before become wrapped together with the certainty of "He giveth more grace" and tied off with the promise of "But God is faithful" so that I may be able to bear their load through Him.

Isn't that just the sweetest thing to think on? If we place our burden within His omnipotence, if we allow the concerns of this world to become dim in the light of His Word, we can repeat as the prophet Jeremiah, “Thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy name!”

Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment