November 4, 2014

When Life Doesn't Go Our Way

"I was to discover, however, that when I took my eyes off the circumstances that were overwhelming me, over which I had no control, and looked up, my Lord was there, standing on the parapet of heaven looking down. Deep in my heart He whispered, "I'm here. Even when you don't see Me, I'm here. Never for a moment are you out of My sight."- Darlene Deibler Rose

If I were to share with you today what was in my heart it'd be ugly. Really ugly. I get so wrapped up in the hurts and disappointments of my own life that I let it turn my focus off of things that matter. It's ugly and it is so wrong.

Instead of praying for more faith, I pout about having no table of my own to put a few fall pumpkins on. I don't thank the Lord for the blessings He's bestowed on others but rather beg for similar blessings to be bestowed on us. Rather than ask the Lord for a kind heart, a sweet spirit, and a burden for people, I mull through the day to day wishing for a "someday".

God knew these struggles before I ran into them. He knew that we would stumble into the murky fogs of uncertainty. He knew that in order to get out of the brambles of doubt we'd have to take a step (or a lot of steps) of faith. I thank Him that He has promised to give more grace.

I need to retrain my heart to think on important things. Things like God and my husband and ministry and loving the life that the Lord has given me. I need to remember to hand everything over to the One who is ready and willing to not only take our burdens, but to give us the joy to sustain us along the road.

I do praise Him abundantly for His provision and also for His everlasting patience with this sulky, rotten child of His. He has always been faithful and He will be again and again. How blessed I truly have been! So in this month of thankfulness, I pray the Lord will continue to teach me to be content in every situation. I truly do long to have a thankful heart.

What are you focusing on this November? Please share.

"Teach me to do Thy will; for Thou art my God: Thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness." - Psalm 143:10

Pray for me friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment