October 27, 2011

Everlasting Love






There's a pile of laundry sitting on my bed, a stack of homework at my side, and an apartment begging to be cleaned as I type this. But that's all okay, that can wait. There have been so many words tangled up inside of my head that somehow, someway, need to be spilled out. A list of posts that need to be typed up have been shoved aside for this...

God loves me.

Some days, the certainty of this feels like the kiss of sunshine on my face, a tune in my head, and that calm assurance that Someone cares for me more than imaginable. Or like this cloudy morning, as I piece together little snacks to gift to those I live with, there is a sweet happiness that just seeps out. Both tears and a smile threaten to break loose at any given moment.  







Isn't God's love amazing? Even when I royally mess up, when I find myself flat on my face time and again, He reaches down with compassion and by the hand, lifts this terrified child up to place me back on my feet. "Now, My beloved daughter, follow Me. I gave everything for you because I love you." It is because of that love of His that I can surrender to the promise and pleading of, "Trust Me."

Just as a little kid pieces together some fine craft of glue, construction paper, and crayon creations, and has great affection for the "masterpiece", so I can imagine on a far greater scale, my LORD, as He wove together every fiber and thread of my being. No doubt, He smiles down at His creation as He whispers the first words an ear within the womb might hear, "I love you, a cherished one already!"

The love of God sustains, it provides, it brushes us off when we've stumbled, it forgives, holds nothing against us, it protects, comforts, heals, and gives a song to sing along our uncertain way. This insane love keeps back what we aren't to know while directing us still. It answers prayer, gives us more grace, and while the entire world turns black and quakes, this love places us in the never-moving hands of a Saviour Who has promised to be a "refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble!"

I cannot explain or describe it, there are no other words than "Amazing love, how can it be?"
Isn't it sweet? Isn't He good?







1 comment:

  1. Yes, He is! "How deep the Father's love for us; how vast beyond all measure!"♪

    ReplyDelete