December 6, 2013

Christmas To-Do List

The sun beaming in my living room windows lies. Despite the fact my dogs are basking in its pretend warmth, the temperature outside has remained in the negatives all day. In fact, this morning it was -16 when we rolled out of bed! But I'm enjoying the cold with a cup of hot chocolate topped with whipped cream (thanks to my loving hubby) and thinking about Christmas.

I love Christmas. Poor Russell has to endure a browse through the Christmas aisles every time we are in Walmart. I love the music, the busyness, the deliciously guilty way cookies taste after you've already had too many. I love hearing Linus tell Charlie Brown and the gang what Christmas is all about it. I love hearing the story of Christ's birth and I love the reminder of just how much we are loved by Someone who left the throne of Heaven to walk this dusty, sinful earth to bring us joy, life, and hope.

I am so excited that my family will be joining Russell and I this year! We don't know how much long we will be in Wyoming and I desperately have been wanting them to visit. What is a more perfect time for a visit then Christmas anyway? This is a list I've been adding to here and there over the past few weeks and I'm sure right after the holidays are over I'll find some other exciting tradition to add on for next year. I plan on adding some pictures of these as we "complete" them.

Christmas List

1. Watch “It’s a Wonderful Life” and "White Christmas".

2. Drink eggnog.

3. Get a “real” Christmas tree.

4. Drink peppermint hot chocolate while watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

5. Decorate aforementioned tree.

6. Make a special Christmas morning breakfast for us. (I plan on Swedish Pancakes this year!)

7. Make Christmas cookies and decorate them.

8. Read the REAL Christmas story from Luke 2.

9. Rent a whole bunch of Christmasy Children’s Books from the Library.

10. Wear Christmas PJ's to bed Christmas Eve. (I think we're going to opt for socks...cheaper!)

11. Sing carols.

12. Cut out paper snowflakes.

13. Play a board game.

14. Pick out "2013" ornaments.

15. Candy canes.

16. Take a cute picture by the tree.

17. Go to a candle light Christmas Eve service.

18. Watch our wedding video. (This is only because our anniversary is in December.)

19. Make some cute Christmas crafts.

20. Build a snowman.


What is on your Christmas to-do list for this year? Please share your ideas!
                                                                   






                                                                                                                           






No comments:

Post a Comment