November 30, 2011

Dear You


Dear You,

Yes, you. The one with the pretend smile and the sad eyes. I don't know what rests so heavy on your heart today, but He does. I cannot tell you how to fix it, I can't make it hurt less, or point out the right direction or decision for you to choose or make. There are no words to be conjured up in this silly brain of mine that can be of any comfort to you. These words, His words, though, are the only anchor that can hold your soul while the waves of this troublesome life crash around you. "...For Thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble."

I recognize the dark clouds swarming over your head. The shadows in your eyes reflect times in my past and times yet in my future. I understand your confusion and your pain, but you know what is even more comforting than the understanding of a nobody like me? There is Another who understands pain, and better yet, He can take it away. All you have to do is lay that heavy weight at His feet and walk away with your hand in His.

Stay strong, keep the faith, never give up.

Love, Me.                                                                       












  


 It's hard to believe Christmas is around the corner, I do love to decorate! Home cannot come soon enough.





 A special thanks to Grace and also Emily for the super cute jewelry. Such a sweet surprise to find a little package holding a free necklace and bracelet in my mailbox just before Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Bethany,

    I just wanted to drop by and say 'thank you' for following my blog. I appreciate it! :) you have a very nice blog here, and I loved your letter to "You". Thanks for sharing that. :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas season!
    In Christ's Service,
    Sarah@Through the Lilac Bushes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for the encouraging words! Loved your post. :D
    ~Willa

    ReplyDelete